PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: 1" wide x 3/32" thick x 45 feet. This is a 100% solids, asbestos-free butyl tape sealant that is a highly rubbery, tacky, reinforced compound designed for sealing metal lap joints in the metal building industry. It is easy to apply and compress during installation. It exhibits excellent application and performance characteristics over a wide temperature range and will not become brittle, crack or flow during service.
TYPICAL USES: Designed to seal and prevent the entry of dust, air and moisture and assure a weather tight seal in metal building details.
- Metal rib and end joints
- Standing seam roof endlaps
- Sealing roof curbs roof jacks and skylights
- Sealing polyethylene sheeting
- Sealing air conditioning equipment
- Window and door flanges
- Excellent for sealing Galvalume, Galvalume Plus, Zincalume and KNAR 500
- Adheres to oily Galvalume
- Will not corrode Galvalume, Galvalume Plus and KYNAR 500
- Meets ASTM and Federal Standards
- Permanently flexible
- Resistant to ultraviolet and infrared radiations, precipitation atmospheric hydrocarbon contamination and extremes in temperature